You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Top of the Fridge

Let me guess what is on top of your refrigerator: dust--and not just any dust, sticky dust, a few dishes you don't use often, and miscellaneous items you don't use often (which you probably don't use because they are covered in dust and you have to wash them first).  It's a place that rarely gets attention, and unless your refrigerator is completely under a cabinet, it could be valuable, and artistic space.

I always was having a hard time finding some of our dry goods in our pantry.  They were in the original packaging, shoved in a drawer or piled on top of a drawer.  I'd have to take everything out to find the ingredient I wanted.

One day I noticed how pretty all the dry ingredients looked and how ugly the top of my fridge was.  The spaghetti was already up there in a nice glass container.  I started scrounging around for more containers and filled them with pasta, rice, popcorn, split peas, and peanuts.  After cleaning the top of the fridge, and finding homes for all the miscellany, here is the final product:


Since I actually use the items up there, the top stays fairly clean, and it looks really nice from a distance as well.

Try to find beauty in the everyday, the ordinary, and the simple.

0 comments: