I spent two days cooking for our Thanksgiving meal. For the first time, I made everything from scratch, well, everything that I actually want to make! We had a very traditional meal: a 20 pound turkey, gravy (from scratch), sweet potato casserole with crumble topping, green bean casserole (I made the mushroom soup), stuffing (made from the crusts the kids won't eat), cranberry sauce (my 1st time making it!), pumpkin pie (crust from a box - I don't do crusts), and Pillsbury crescent rolls (no way am I making those from scratch!!).
I set the table with cloth napkins, which Tabitha though were meant for her head.
The kids barely touched their dinners. They did like the crescent rolls and Gibson downed the sweet potatoes. James and I thought that it was an excellent meal. However, they did eat the meal the next day when I put turkey, gravy & stuffing in a crescent roll.
The cranberry sauce was so good that we ate it all up on Friday. Ironically, the kids wouldn't touch it on Thanksgiving, but couldn't get enough of it as a leftover. James even bought more cranberries for me to cook up again.



0 comments:
Post a Comment