James was in Cincinnati this last week for a training class, or, as he told the kids, school. Here are some highlights of our week without daddy.
- He left little notes around the house for us to find. One was above the changing table and said, "Daddy loves Tabi." Every time I would put Tabi on the table, she'd point to the note and say, "Daddy luff me!"
- We had an adventure day that started off with the kids being able to see baby 3-Dot in Mommy's tummy, followed by a short trip to the zoo. After the zoo we went to Ikea where Gib played in the kids area for an hour while Tabi and I shopped. The kids then got to decorate a free gingerbread house (which they've been picking apart ever since). Then we had a meatball dinner, and the kids ate for free (I LOVE IKEA!!)
- Tabi likes to tell you things many times. I am not exaggerating when I say I heard the following statements at least 30 times a day: "Daddy fly on airplane!" "I fly wiff Daddy on airplane by myself!" (referring to her trip to California in August) "I saw my teacher go by!" (Her CBS teacher waved to us from her car in the library parking lot...THREE weeks ago!)
- We've been listening to and reading The Gingerbread Man (which both kids can now quote word for word). The day before James left, he and the kids baked and decorated gingerbread men. We have been snacking on them all week. Turns out, gingerbread men are very good incentives to get the kids to do things.
- Dinosaur Train has had new episodes all week, which means that Gib has been wanting to watch that instead of Mighty Machines, which makes Tabi happy, which makes me happy!
- The kids decided to wake up at 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning. I always have a hard night the first night James is gone, so I had about five hours of sleep. I went into their room and told them they were not getting up, it was way to early. They could play quietly in their beds until I came to get them. Tabi cried for a while, but eventually they both settled down. It worked so well I let the trend continue the rest of the week (they woke just before 6:00 the rest of the week). It was nice to be able to get up and read my Bible before getting them up!

1 comments:
It sounds like you handled the week like a champ!
Post a Comment