This morning Gibson asked to take the cars and blocks and big trucks out of the closet, where they are stored in boxes, nice and neat. I knew I was in for a mess, but at least the kids would be happily occupied. The mess was a lot bigger than last time.
Ten minutes to total destruction.
At least the couch is still intact.
After quiet time I let the kids play with the playdough. Five minutes later my kitchen floor looked worse than the living room. So I decided to totally ignore all of the messes and go for a walk, maybe to the new toystore down the block. Finally got them outside (you never know what a chore going for a walk is until you have kids), and Gibson proceeded to sob all the way to the corner, dug his feet in while crossing the street, and wailed to the corner where we stopped to look at leaves. He almost smiled at my leaf ears which I stuck in my hat. So we started back home and Gibson continued to wail until I spotted the mushrooms growing in the dirt (when the crying stops at something interesting, you know it's not sincere).
They are currently trying to destroy the play kitchen even more. I think they are baking Lightning McQueen in the oven and "making him into food." It's apt that his nickname is "Chow".


0 comments:
Post a Comment