You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tabitha's Food Quirk

I wouldn't say Tabitha is a picky eater, but she does like variety. For a time I was baffled why she would be eating fine and then all of a sudden refuse to eat any more, even though I knew she was hungry. I finally figured it out: she was bored with the same taste. So I started to feed her two different flavors, usually one a little sweeter than the other.

Today, I had a bowl of greens and a bowl of sweet potatoes. I started her on the greens, and about five bites into it, she leans forward, looks very pointedly at the bowl of sweet potatoes and grunts. I didn't catch on at first until I tried to feed her another bite of the greens, when she refused the food and again indicated to the other bowl.

I laughed and fed her the sweet potatoes. From then on, I could only do two bites in a row of the same flavor, if I tried for a third, she would close her mouth and chin point to the other bowl.

Smart kid!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So she is not like her Unca Dave, who will eat all of one type of food before moving on to the next.