At 2:00 a.m., James and I sat up in bed. BOOM! We were in the middle of another lightning storm. This one was more intense than the one on Sunday night. We were still hearing thunder over an hour later. Fortunately, while I wasn't able to sleep, Gibson was, and didn't even stir throughout the storm.
Here's a link to some video: Storm Lights Up Sky Overnight
Note added 7/9 - the "live on location" reporter is standing just outside their studios in Beaverton. I thought that was a funny little fact.
THANKFUL THURSDAY
9 hours ago

3 comments:
Everyone in our family slept through the storm....I just heard the distant rumblings of the thunder....rolled over and went back to sleep. Guess that comes from all those years of living in tornado alley....just sleep until the storm sirens go off and then go down to the basement and go back to sleep. Hmmmm, no storm sirens here and no basement....where would I go in case of a bad storm? Guess I need to figure that out since we have been having some pretty bad ones lately....bad for Portland that is.
It was REALLY loud here. I found out a strike occured just on the other side of the hill from us, so no wonder we woke up!
I really enjoy thunder and lightening. I wish we got more down here...although I certainly don't like all the hundreds of wildfires they started up north. I think you guys were lucky to get such a show. Grandpa T.
Post a Comment