You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, August 2, 2007

5 Months Old

Gibson turned 5 months old today. I thought it was time for a change in the feeding routine. I've been having trouble nursing him, so I wanted to try some cereal and see if he was ready for a change. The jury is still out.

Getting ready for a big mess.
Hmmm, that doesn't seem so bad.
I might actually like it!
Okay, maybe not.
Definitely not!
Now, this I like!

So, the first "real food" experience went pretty well. Gibson did manage to swallow some of the cereal, and we didn't end up having too much of a mess. He actually prefered to suck on the towel I was wiping his face with! I'm hoping to continue to nurse him for the next 3 months at least, but it's getting very frustrating, so I'm not sure how long I'll have patience. I'd appreciate prayer in this matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he's sitting in a potty chair. Is he wearing any clothes? Maybe add a little hot sauce to the cereal for a bit of a kick. Being from this family, he will like hot sauce!

Vinae said...

He's NOT in a potty chair - it's a Bumbo, a chair for babies who need a little support to sit up but want to be sitting. And yes, he is wearing his diaper. And NO, he can't have hot sauce yet - tomatoes are supposed to wait until after the first year!