Well, I don't really have much of a garden this year. I decided that I didn't want to weed and water and pick and can any veggies with a new baby. But I do have an apple tree and some flowers growing. This is the first year that our apple tree has produced any fruit. I'm looking forward to having some Macoun apples this Autumn.
I also planted some California poppies in our front and back yards. These pics are from the large plant in the back yard garden plot. It just keeps producing beautiful blooms! The big fat bumblebees really love the plant, too. I watched this one go from bloom to bloom for about five minutes. I finally left and he was still there buzzing away. I think he visited each flower at least twice.

Next summer I plan on having a vegetable garden again, but only ONE bush of tomatoes next time, last year I had 3 bushes that took over the garden plot - and I don't even like tomatoes!
THANKFUL THURSDAY
9 hours ago

3 comments:
Pretty flowers. Save me an apple or two. Make some of that delicious chunky spiced applesauce.
Send me the recipe!
I also grow tomatoes even though I don't like them and mom NEVER picks them even though she eats them...... What's a mother to do...
Post a Comment