You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

What's Up with the Winns?

Have you been wondering what in the world is going on in our lives? I have been very busy homeschooling the kids, involved in church activities, and Bible studies, and Gibson was in Little League this year.  All that made for very little time to update the blog.

But now we have another life changing event happening. 

On May 6th, we received the news we had been waiting for.  James was going to be the new operations manager at Winchester Farms, a dairy plant in Winchester, Kentucky.  He was to start on June 3rd, less than a month away.


James and I flew to Kentucky over Memorial Day weekend so that we could go house hunting.  He had meetings all day on Friday, so I scheduled a coffee date with a lady I had met online who is involved with Community Bible Study.  I was thrilled to have found a group right in the town we were hoping to move to.  It was so nice to meet someone so that there would be at least one person I knew in town when we moved.

After my coffee, I met up with our realtor and started looking at houses.  I ruled out all but one of the houses we saw that day.  The next day, James and I went house hunting with the realtor.  By the time we stopped for a late lunch, we had seen a bunch of houses and found one we really liked. We were able to go back and see the house again, and when we walked out the second time, we knew it was the house we wanted, so we placed an offer.

After much negotiating, we finally had an offer accepted, and the house is set to close on July 15th.

On June 2nd, James flew to Kentucky to start his new job.  The kids and I stayed in Menifee so I could finish school, and so that James could get acclimated to his new job.  He's been working many hours, and many odd hours, so that he can get to know the plant and his workers.

As it stands now, packers are going to come pack us up July 16th, and we're planning on flying out around the 21st.

So, I bet you're curious about our house, right?  It is 2,514 square feet, with four bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. It is at the end of a cul-de-sac, which is at the bottom of a slight hill.  The asphalt in front of the house is nice and flat for the kids to ride their vehicles about. 

You see that porch on the front?  That's where I will eventually have a swing. (Insert big, goofy, grin on my face).  In the meantime, I'm planning on sticking a chair there so I can sit and watch the kids go crazy with their ride on toys.

The backyard is twice the size we have now, and beautifully landscaped.  The best part (in my opinion), is that is has an enclosed area that is currently being used as a dog run.  It will be perfect for the garden I am planning in my head.  And since it's on the south side of the house, it will get plenty of sun.

The best part about the house (besides the big backyard), is that it is very close to James' work!  He'll be able to ride a bike to work if he wants.

I promise that I will do my best to keep the blog updated from now on! If you haven't seen my other blog (the public blog), here's a link to the post I wrote the day after we found out we would be moving. The Improvising Mom

0 comments: