Note: please don't read this as complaining. I'm just stating the facts, and don't want you to think I'm whining, because I'm not. I am very happy with my pregnancy, this one is just very different from the previous two I have had.
Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks pregnant, and more pregnant than I've ever been before. Yes, Gibson was born at 39 weeks, but, contrary to what one might think, you CAN be "more" and "less" pregnant. Whether or not 3-Dot comes out bigger, I am bigger, even though I weigh less than I did with Gibson.
This child is riding very high and is making breathing extremely difficult, something I haven't experienced before. Also because he is up so high I have acid reflux. It's not exactly heartburn, but I have a lump in my throat from about noon on. I haven't thrown up yet, but it feels like I might if I lean forward too quickly. It will be nice when he drops, though I realize this will bring about different discomforts (and he is head down now), and my OB says he may not drop as I have two C-section scars holding him up, so to speak.
Another side effect of not being able to breathe very well is that I get worn out easily. Sometimes just walking across the room makes it hard to catch my breath. This is the main reason I've stopped going to our church's Wednesday evening services; I'm just too tuckered out to handle two kids on my own. Besides the fact that I can't seem to sit still for very long; I'm constantly shifting around trying to get comfortable.
He also is a mover and a shaker. Gibson was a pusher, and Tabitha was a kicker, this child is a wiggler - he seems to be constantly moving, which is fun unless I'm having a contraction.
Which brings me to contractions: I'm having a lot of them. My OB says this is normal, especially for a third (or following) pregnancy. The later in the day, the more contractions I have, which is another reason I'm not going to go to our Wednesday night church service until after he is born. The contractions have started to wake me up at night, which then wakes James. Poor guy hasn't been getting much sleep since I am so restless at night.
I am scheduled for a C-section on March 27th at 10:30 a.m. That is only three days before my due date, so we're praying that 3-Dot stays in that long. My doctor is going to be out of town before that, so if I went into labor early, I would have whoever is on call anyway. I would rather have an appointment scheduled with my doctor and hopefully keep it rather than schedule an appointment with another doctor and not have needed to.
We have a list of people who are willing to watch the kids while I am giving birth. I'll be setting up a schedule of kid watching for while I'm in the hospital, and if 3-Dot comes early, we'll just go by whoever is available at that time.
The other day Gibson was feeling my stomach and I directed his hand to a very hard lump and asked if he could feel that. His eyes got big and he asked if that was a bone. I opened my eyes wide and said, "No, that's a BABY LEG!" Gibson started doing his over dramatic laughter. Then the leg moved and Gibson belly laughed even harder. I am not so sure whether or not Tabitha has felt 3-Dot move, even though she says she has. She's still a little young to understand. She also thinks that the baby will be named 3-Dot forever, whereas Gibson understands that is his name for just while he is in my tummy.
So, that's where I am in this pregnancy. I could use prayer for endurance, especially in the evenings while James is at work.
Update at 2:30: Had an OB appointment and he says I'm doing great. At this point in my pregnancy, if the baby decides to come, doctors figure the baby is ready. My OB doesn't think I'll last until the 27th. Neither do James or I.
For another area in my life I've been thinking about, click here.
BOOKS I FINISHED - JULY 2026
12 hours ago

2 comments:
Praying for you, James, Gibson, Tabitha and 3-Dot. God will give the endurance you need, exactly when you need it. Only four weeks! I may not get to meet him this trip but I'll meet him when I come home in May. Grace and peace to you all. Dorothy
it's good to hear an update from you. I'm so happy that you've gone this far, but I can relate that it's tough in the evenings and finding energy. Does ur husband work nights? Ryan does, so usually every other week I feel like I'm parenting alone. I wish we lived a little closer so we can have playdates. Our kids r so close in age. I'll be praying for you and this delivery.
Christina
Post a Comment