You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3-Dot Finally Has A Name

We've had a busy few weeks.  March 2nd was Gibson's fifth birthday.  The next day we celebrated at Big Al's with a bowling party.  The next day was Sunday, and I woke up from my nap nauseous.  That night I couldn't get comfortable and started having contractions.  I went to go sleep in the chair downstairs so James could get some rest.  When he brought Tabi down at 6:00 a.m., he was surprised to see me.  When I told him I was having regular contractions and we were likely going to have a baby that day, he was just a little distraught.  After all, 3-Dot wasn't due for over three weeks!  We didn't even have a name for him!

I sent out a quick email to everyone who said they would help watch the kids when we went to the hospital.  At 8:30, I called my doctor and told them I was in labor.  At 9:30, we were out the door, dropped the kids off at their friends' houses and headed to the hospital.  After determining that the contractions were indeed getting stronger, and that 3-Dot's heart was slowing down a little with each contraction, it was decided that I would have a C-section later that day.  We started prepping just before 2:00 p.m. and at 3:28 p.m., the doctor announced that our little boy had a fine head of hair.  Wait a second...what??  Our kids are usually bald!

The nurse took the baby to wipe him down and we heard her start laughing and say, "He won't stop going, it's like the Energizer Bunny!"  Then she announced that he was 7 lbs, 8 oz, and we were certainly shocked!  That's three ounces more than Gibson weighed at 39 weeks!

And so Ezekiel Micah was born.  Okay, at that point, all we knew was that his name was Ezekiel - it took us another three days to come up with his middle name!

Ezekiel Micah Winn, just minutes after being born.

I was feeling a little nauseous after the surgery, so the cool cloth on my forehead helped.  This is my first time holding Ezekiel.

On Tuesday morning, James brought the kids by to see their new baby brother.

 They were absolutely thrilled with him!

 It's amazing that they stopped looking at him to smile real smiles for the camera!

 His eyes could barely open, he was so puffy from the birth.  But look at all that hair!

The obligatory photo with the paci. 

March 5th was a very good day.  We finally named the baby we'd been waiting for (who was born on his Uncle Ryan's birthday!).  And we also decided that James would take the job offer from the dairy plant in Riverside, CA.  So, in the next two months or so, we will be moving to southern California to start a new adventure in our lives.  We don't have much information yet, but it looks like we will be in CA by May.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Ezekiel Micah (one of my choices, I believe) What a lovely story and the photos with Gib and Tabi are so sweet. Blessings all around. Dorothy