You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Frosting Leaves

James baked another batch of gingerbread cookies to give away at his work.  He asked me to frost them since I did such a good job the first time.  It is actually really easy.  Here's what I did:

Prepped and ready to frost.  One bag of yellow and one bag of red frosting.

Each cookie is different, just like every leaf is different.  Here's how I did two of them.
 
 

When they dry, the frosting is matte.  I did the lines in different ways as well.  I think the leaves at the end of my frosting looked a little better than at the beginning.

 Next cookie.  I like when the color of the leaves darkens at the tips, so that is what I was trying to do.

Didn't exactly do what I wanted, but it still looks good.  And I managed to get the effect I was going after a little later in the frosting process.

The final "tree" of cookie leaves.  I had a harder time making the veins on the large leaves; it took a few tries before I came up with a pattern I liked.

1 comments:

BETHANY said...

They look cool when they're all together!