You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Eating Trouble

I am very saddened by the fact that I have picky eaters. This is not a good thing.

Gibson, I can usually convince to at least try his food. This morning he wouldn't eat his eggs, and I needed him to eat because we were going to MOPS. Hungry kids don't make for good times. So, I convinced him that the eggs were special. They weren't just any eggs. They were the egg bombs dropped by the birds in the crazily addictive phone game, Angry Birds. Then he thought they were good and at least ate a few bites.

Tabitha, on the other hand, is very picky. She will look at food and refuse to open her mouth. I've started a smear campaign against her - I smear the food on her lips so she can taste it. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. She wants to feed herself with the spoon, and I don't mind the mess, as long as she is eating. It is when she doesn't want to eat the food that it becomes a problem. Then there is food everywhere but in her mouth.

She likes cheese, but only certain ways: string cheese or shredded cheddar. She won't eat cheddar in cubes or chunks, and will only eat string cheese if it is long (I break the piece in thirds lengthwise). She only likes her peas smashed, not whole, but it is the opposite for string beans: only whole, not mashed.

This child is going to really test me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's eating via absorption...
Gampa M

LuvHome71 said...

On that top picture, she just needs to get her pinkie up and she is telling her grandparents that she loves them and misses them and wishes that they could all live nearby.
I'm coming, Tabi...........

Vinae said...

Anne thinks she is saying, One plane ticket to Orange County, please!