I was making a sandwich for Gibson when I heard a horrifying sound. Gibson was walking down the stairs with James and Tabitha behind him, when he missed a step and tumbled down the stairs. I could hear the panic in James' voice and ran to the bottom of the stairs and saw Gibson laying there face down. I quickly saw that he could move his head and then gathered him up as James came down the rest of the way.
Gibson was crying, but didn't seem too upset. I asked him if he was hurt and he pointed to his nose. Then I asked if he was mostly hurt, or just scared. He replied, "Just scared. Where's my sandwich?" Then I knew he was okay.
However, James and I were another matter. I know my heart was pounding. I was able to chuckle when Gibson asked about his sandwich, probably because I didn't see him fall. James, on the otherhand, will probably relive it in his mind like a movie and not be able to laugh at it for a long time, if ever. Just like when Gibson split his eyebrow open; I still have dreams about it, but it doesn't bother James so much because he didn't see it.
BOOKS I FINISHED - JULY 2026
12 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment