You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Excitement & Angst

I got word today that Tabitha may be released as soon as Wednesday. While I am looking forward to her being released from the hospital, it seems like I'm not ready for her yet. I have some baby things (thank you everyone who has let us borrow stuff!), but it doesn't seem like enough. Mostly, I don't feel ready emotionally, but I know that God never gives us more than we can handle, so I'll be ready when she is.

As for her stats, she is about 4 lbs, 9 oz. As of today, she is taking every feeding by bottle. If she takes all her feedings by bottle for the next 48 hours, she will be released. That means Wednesday is the soonest that Gibson might hold his sister. However, if she needs to be tube fed, the 48 hours starts over. So far, she has not needed to be supplemented after a bottle feeding or nursing.

So, we anxiously await Wednesday.


Gibson likes to sleep with "Tavava's" blanket (thank yous to Sandy & Tracy!). It makes him feel closer to his sister that he has yet to meet. Here, we are having some quality time together playing 'sleep.'

3 comments:

BETHANY said...

Deep breath. It will all be fine. :)

Glad she's doing so well!

Bronwyn said...

Very exciting! And, yes, everything will work out fine for sure. So exciting to see God's answers to prayers!

Jacki R. said...

It really does happen quick! That just shows you how well she's doing! If you need anything for her when you get home, just holler and I'll bring it over. It's exciting but scary at the same time!