You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our Move

I finally have a quick internet connection, so I'm updating furiously while I can.  Since I'm so far behind, I will date the posts the day the pictures were taken.

Sunday morning, April 15th, started very early for James and me.  We had gone to bed around midnight the night before and woke up at 3:00 a.m. to make it to the airport by 5:30.  The kids all did great and we arrived in Orange County without any problems or meltdowns.  My parents picked us up at the airport and were able to hold Ezekiel for the first time.  We drove to their house where my in-laws met us and also got their turns at meeting Ezekiel.

After naps at my parents, we all (grandparents included) drove about an hour to the apartment in Riverside.  The kids enjoyed exploring our apartment while James went shopping for dinner and a few staples for breakfast the next morning.  After a pizza dinner, the kids went to bed while the adults chatted for a while before heading home.

The next morning, James went to his first day of work at the new plant.  The kids wondered where Grandmas and Grandpas went and why they weren't living with us.  They were excited to know that we would be visiting them often, but disappointed that we weren't living with them.  In thinking about it, we had always "lived" with one set of grandparents when we visited, so it is understandable why they were confused.

The first two weeks have flown by quickly.  I found a MOPS group and CBS group for us to attend right away.  The kids have enjoyed continuing on in our weekly activities, even though they are with new people.  My mom spent one night with us, and my father-in-law brought cousin Mason to spend a few hours with us one day.

There have been some difficult times.  The kids have been acting out and it has been hard for me to know how to handle it.  I have had some strange moments of missing Oregon.  Like when I walked into Target the other day.  In Oregon, I almost always saw someone I knew when I went into Target, but California is so big, and there are three Targets in our area, that it is a very slim chance that I'll actually see someone I know, even after I make some friends here.  I am praying that I can make some good friends quickly here.  It will be nice when we find a house to rent.

Our house went on the market as a short sell the day after we left.  By Friday we had three offers on it.  We accepted one of the offers and are currently waiting to for the bank to accept the offer.  We are currently looking around for a house to rent in Riverside.

Oh, and a correction from my last move update: we have the temporary apartment for two months, not three weeks.

So, that is where we are currently.  We can still use prayer to get settled.  I sometimes have a hard time fielding questions about where our new house is, where our cat is (she found a good home in Oregon, praise God!), why our stuff isn't with us, and stuff like that.  It is always a little heart wrenching when one of them says they miss something in Oregon.

I'm using the internet at my in-laws house and the kids are reaping the benefits of playing with cousin Mason and the California sun.  I'm glad we are here.

1 comments:

BETHANY said...

I'm so glad you jumped right into a couple groups! Praying you make friends quickly. :)