You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gibson's 4 Year Update

Gibson had his four-year well child check up the same day as Tabitha had her 18 month check up. Here are Gibson's stats:

Weight: 29.3 lbs (3%) This was fully clothed, but without shoes.
Height: 40.3" (49%)

In the past year he has gained one pound and three inches. He's just following the footsteps of his parents who were painfully scrawny until after puberty.

While at the doctor's office, he refused to be weighed and measured. I know he was scared, and I tried to comfort and reassure him, but to no avail. Now, just in case you are wondering, I explained what was going to happen beforehand. I also had the doctor and nurse examine Tabi first, so he could see that there was nothing to be afraid of. He still refused to obey and cooperate. We have a wonderful doctor, though, who was able to get through the exam and even got some smiles from Gibson.

Next time we go, I will set clear expectations and let him know: even though you are scared, you still need to obey. And he will have consequences for disobedience next time. I was totally unprepared for the fits he threw, but will be prepared the next time.

Some of Gibson's favorite things:
Lego Duplo - he loves to build. Thanks to Aunt Heather and Uncle Ryan for getting him started on these blocks.
Racing - he takes Tabi's walker and races around the house with it and calls it his green race car. Video to come.
Favorite TV shows: WordWorld, Top Shot, Mythbusters, 19 Kids and Counting (notice only one of those is a cartoon?)

I asked him the following favorites just now, and these are his answers:
Food: marshmallows
Drink: orange juice (he never drinks it, but always asks for hot chocolate)
Color: green
Person: Brogan and Steele (friends who moved to CA in November. He misses them)
Place to go: church (why? Because it's fun to go to church)
Toy: a balloon, mama, and a car (he was currently holding a green balloon)
Game: Mario Kart (on the Wii)
Letter: G and E
Animal: a dog
V: What do you like best about Tabi, Gibson? G: Sometimes I don't and sometimes I do.

0 comments: