I decided to get rid of our compost pile after we had a bee nest in it. Remember this? After I got rid of the composter, James and I thought it would be a good place for the sand box to go so that I don't have to constantly be sweeping the sand off of our slab. When we moved the big frog, Gibson discovered some very fascinating creatures.
SLUGS!!
When Gibson looked at this picture after I posted it, he said, "That's Jimmy - my huge frlug!" (frlug is how he pronounces slug)
When Gibson looked at this picture after I posted it, he said, "That's Jimmy - my huge frlug!" (frlug is how he pronounces slug)

After the slugs had moved clear of the area, I leveled it off and Gibson and I planted grass. He has had a lot of fun watching the grass grow.

One week later: it is interesting to me how the grass can grow in one spot and be dead right next to it.
Gibson helped me put rocks behind the frog to prevent weeds. I put a weed guard down and then we piled the rocks on top of it.


1 comments:
Those slugs are big enough to fry up and put on a hotdog bun.... Grampa M
Post a Comment