You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What Happened Today?

How can a day be so busy and yet so un-productive? At least, it seems that way.

I went grocery shopping this morning and eleven hours later, I've just finished putting the groceries away.

I am trying to workout everyday using the Wii Fit. My 30 minute workout turned into an hour long session because Tabitha decided to fuss and not sleep or eat. I hope she gets a tooth soon so that the crankies can be explained.

I took the kids for a walk. Gibson wanted to see the construction site, so we walked down there and then invited a neighbor over for a play date on Thursday (something I've been meaning to do for at least a month now). Tabitha took a catnap during the walk.

After our walk, I tried to feed her again, because, again, she was fussy, but she didn't want to eat. So I loaded the kids in the van and we went to the library so I could pick up some books I had on hold.

The way I get Gibson out of the library without a melt down is pure bribery: McDonald's. There is a reason we go to the library on Tuesday evenings, the Happy Meals are $1.25. However, the drive through line was VERY long and Tabitha was screaming, because, I guess she decided she was hungry after all. So, instead of hamburgers, I got an oil change. Nice trade, huh?

While they were changing my oil, I fed Tabitha a bottle and Gibson a fruit leather. I was hoping it would tide both of them over until we could get to McDonald's and then home. It worked. (Insert big smiley face here)

Once we were home, I plopped Gibson in front of the television while I put Tabitha to bed. It was a good choice in the shows I let him watch because Clifford and his friends were cleaning up their toys, and we just transitioned into cleaning up Gibson's toys. That worked, too!

Finally, both kids were in bed and on their way to sleep. I looked around at the house and thought, what in the world did I do all day? My daily To Do list has laundry checked off because James did it. Oh, and I got the mail (which, evidently I haven't done for about a week - the box was full!) - sorting it will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It actually sounds productive to me. When a child isn;t feeling good, that can take up a lot of time. And you did get your oil changed. ;)

Vinae said...

I think both my children are feeling fine, we're just going through a cranky season. Soon I'll have a happy season. Who are you, by the way? :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it was me, Grandpa Dick.