You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow Much Fun!

After realizing that Gibson loves being in the snow, no matter whether it is up to his waist or not, we've been outside every day. Today we went on a walk. Gibson rode in the laundry basket for a short time, but he mostly wanted to walk.

On occasion, he pulled his "sled."
And sometimes he shovelled himself out of the snow bank.
After our walk, we shovelled the driveway some more. There were some sheets of ice on it. I told Gibson to be careful when walking on the ice. He slipped anyway and fell on his behind; he thought that was great fun. So he tried to slip on purpose. Fortunately by that time, most of the ice was cleared away.
This time he did not throw a fit when we went inside. Probably because he had already shovelled the driveway and was in the garage poking at his stroller. It wasn't a big of a transition from garage to house.

As of 8:09 p.m., my family has arrived at the train station and James is there to pick them up. They should be at our house within the next hour. YEA!!

We're supposed to get three to four more inches of snow on Christmas Day. Sigh. I really like the snow, but I'm really glad that I don't live in an area where it stays around for a long time. I think the "not a long time" is up now, and the snow needs to go away.

2 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

Hi Vinae!! what a great idea to use a laundry basket. We were thinking of using a garbage lid, LOL! Ava is not to fond of the snow. She mainly wants me to hold her while she observes everything. Have a great time with your family. What a blessing to have them there.

Love,
Christina

Grandpa T said...

....and all I got for Christmas was this crummy sled...