You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Walls, Watches, and Coasters

Gibson is picking up new words every day.

He wanted to know what was on James' wrist, and so learned the word watch, "Wah."

He pointed to the wall while his diaper was being changed and said, "Kie," which is sky. I told him it is a wall. "Wah."

"Wah" can mean a bunch of things now: watch, wall, water, and a few other things I can't think of at the moment. We just have to figure out what he is pointing at.

We've also started using coasters on the table, to train him that his cup belongs on the coaster and not on it's side rolling along the table. So, coaster is now "COH-courh" with a Bostonian R.

I can't wait to see what word he learns tomorrow.

Note added 11/13/08: James notified me that I was mis-remembering what I hear. Gibson does say wah-ch and wah-ll. They are not all the same word. Today Gibson was pointing at every wall, "Wah-ll?"

2 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

Hey Vinae, since our kids are so close in age I love seeing your updates on Gibson's words. He is doing really well. I am teaching Ava "Thank you" and it sounds like "Gink you".

Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Vinae,
I love your blog and your son is soo cute. The Pacific Northwest is beautiful!

donna pryer