Tonight I effectively ruined Gibson's dinner. I didn't mean to. It came about quite innocently.
James and I were dipping our bread into our spaghetti, soaking up some of the sauce. So I dipped Gibson's bread into his spaghetti. He picked up the bread, looked at the sauce, and started to whimper.
He didn't like what he saw. He tried to rub the sauce off the bread. He looked at me and whimpered again, as if to say, "You dirtied my clean piece of bread!"
Then he tried to give me back the bread, along with more whimpers.
I didn't realize that putting sauce on his bread would ruin it for him!
So, I gave him a clean piece; which he ate while James & I demonstrated how we dip our bread into the sauce and eat it.
James was curious what would happen if I dipped Gibson's bread again. So I did.
This time, his eyes got big when picked up the bread (there's something on it!), but he did eat it.
And this time he enjoyed it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment