You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pregnancy

I know I haven't been the best blogger lately.  Sorry.  Here is what has been going on with my pregnancy.

I had an early ultra-sound at my 10 week appointment to see how far along the baby was, since I wasn't exactly sure.  I am due in late March, and as of now, I am 14 weeks along and into my second trimester.

This time around I haven't had any (morning) sickness, like I did with both Gibson and Tabitha.  I have had a kind of sour stomach at times, but I haven't been nauseous, so I am very thankful for that.  I have been more exhausted than I was previously, not tired, just physically exhausted.  I am a slow mover these days, and I'm only going to get slower.
 
Last week I saw a perinatologist, a specialist in high-risk pregnancy.  Since Tabitha was born pre-term, I have a 40% chance of having another pre-term baby.  I will go back to the perinatologist every three weeks and they will take a look at my cervix every time to make sure there are no changes.  There is also a treatment option of progesterone shots that my doctor suggested.  I need to look into that more, but the progesterone shots have been used for 20 years and have been shown to either increase the chances of having a full-term baby, or if the baby is pre-term, the baby has a higher birth weight and better lung development.

I started having Braxton-Hicks this last week.  They are nothing to worry about, every pregnant woman gets them, whether she feels them or not.  I definitely feel them.  They don't hurt, but they usually catch me by surprise and since they are uncomfortable, I need to stop what I'm doing for a second or two until it eases up.

In late November we will go in for another ultra-sound and find out the baby's gender.  At this point, James has dubbed the baby 3-dot (the kids have two different sized rain boots in the same pattern; I marked Gibby's with one dot, Tabi's with two dots, and when the time comes, baby's will have three dots).

And now you are up to date on my pregnancy!

0 comments: