You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Encouraging Change

This is from a Facebook post I posted on August 13th. I had a lot of people saying it was what they needed to hear, and I thought I'd share it on my blog and hopefully encourage some people.
After having a very bad attitude yesterday, and not speaking love and edification to my kids, these are the words that spoke to me this morning from Ephesians 4.

Walk with all lowliness and gentleness, bearing with one another in love, being kind and tenderhearted to each other, speaking the truth in love, using only words that build up, that they bless those who hear with grace.

That's my mixed up amplified version, not a direct quote.
Today is a new day, but we can always start over even in the middle of the day. Yesterday, I told the kids I needed some quiet time with God because I was having a bad attitude. After that, I was able to handle the same situations with more graciousness. Philipians 4:13 tells me that I can change my attitude and be gentle with Christ's strength.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These living examples will guide them all through their lives. Humble yourself before God and He will lift you up. They saw Mommy confess to being in the flesh, be washed in the Word and be changed. You Walked the Walk. I AM ,AS ALWAYS, PROUD OF YOU.!!
Love, Anne