You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lightning

The rain woke me at 4:30 and I went to cover the kids up. I noticed the lightning, but stopped counting after 25. 15 minutes later, the thunder was still far away. Then the baby monitor started making noise that made me wonder if the lightning was getting closer.

You know how things sometimes seem to happen in slow motion? That's what happened next. I heard a crackling outside that made me take notice and I started to lift my head up. As I was thinking, uh oh, the lightning and simultaneous thunder startled me out of bed and set off the car alarms. I actually covered my ears, it was so loud. At first I thought it struck our tree, which is why I jumped out of bed so quick, but now I think it was a tree on our ridge.

James & I never went back to sleep, but the kids never woke up. I attribute that to the prayer I said quickly when I first saw the lightning that the kids in the area would sleep through it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so tired of this "summer" weather!!! I love Oregon, but COME ON SUNSHINE!

brittany @ www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com