You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Day for the History Books

This has been a GREAT day for Tabitha (okay, her parents).

She woke up at 7am. She usually wakes up before 6:00.

At lunchtime, she ate her entire bowl of spaghetti. That was the fourth time spaghetti had been set in front of her and the first time she actually tasted it. The previous times she just looked at the spaghetti, shook her head, and said, in her cute little voice, "no."

She had a three hour nap.

I made pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. I had no hope that Tabitha would eat it, so I prepared her some leftover couscous, which I know she loves. She saw me taste-testing the pork and wanted some. Low and behold, she ate it and asked for more! She ate a large chunk of pulled pork (cut small, of course), then some couscous. And this was all before the family sat down for dinner.

As the rest of the family was eating sandwiches, she wanted one too. So I made her a small barbecue pulled pork sandwich, which she then ate most of.

I offered her more couscous, but she refused. So Gibson decided to get in on the act and see if he could feed her. Surprisingly, she took the food from Gibson! James wondered where all her food was going. I told him that since she hadn't really eaten in a month, she was making up for it!

It has been an amazing day for Tabitha. Let's hope this is a pattern.

Gibson is demonstrating how to "open your mouth"

Tabitha is looking at him in adoration, because he's feeding her!

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

I love that Gibson's mouth is open while he feeds her. Cute!

Vinae said...

I know, that's why I posted both pics. Gibson cracks me up in one and Tabitha does in the other.