We had lunch at Heritage Park with Grandpa & Grandma Winn. Grandpa was going to meet us at the park, so we explored the island. I remember spending many hours there as a kid. The island is like a small Boston during the American Revolution.
Gibson is fascinated by the small waterfall.

The park has changed a lot since I played there as a kid. The buildings all have playground equipment in them now, instead of the old Disneyland-esque displays of people working their trade. Gibson climbed up to the widow's walk, and was able to slide down a slide.

I remember the cannons used to move. I guess they decided it wasn't safe to have moving parts on a ship. But Gibson enjoyed it anyway.

Looking for Grandpa. Where is he?

Oh, there he is! Gibson is going to shoot him with the cannon (I guess that's the penalty for being late).

This little pigeon let me come within inches of it.

It was a hot day at the park. After lunch, Tabi decided to cool herself off by blowing bubbles.

Gibson helped Grandpa take the cooler back to the car.

0 comments:
Post a Comment