You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Converstions with Gibson

Me: Gibson, please don't bash into me. Mommies don't like to be bashed into.
Gibson: Do little boys like to be bashed?
Me: Well, some might like it, but you need to stop if they ask you to or if they cry.
Gibson: Do Grandpas like to be bashed?
Me, thinking about how to answer that one, because, honestly, Grandpas do like to be bashed, but I don't want him bashing them: No, Grandpas should not be bashed.
Gibson: Do Grandmas like to be bashed?
Me: No, Grandmas do NOT. But do you know what mommies and grandmas DO like?
Gibson tilts his head to the side, thinks & nods: Hugs!


James, about our upcoming trip: What is the first thing we are going to do when we get to California?
Gibson: Meet Mason! (Gibson's cousin)
James: Yes, but do you think we will give hugs to Grandpa & Grandma first?
Gibson: No! Play with Mason!

On our way to church one morning, James asked Gibson to repeat a word that came up in our conversation.
Gibson said, "I don't know that word."
James asked him to try to repeat it.
Gibson reiterated that he didn't know the word.
James said, "Well, just try to say the word."
Gibson said, "Listen to the words I am saying Daddy. I don't know that word."
We cracked up, realizing that he was saying 'listen to how I'm saying the word wrong and realize that I don't know how to say it correctly.'
I just wish we could remember what the word was.

0 comments: