"Gibby let water out!" Nothing unusual about that. That is what Gibson says when he goes on his potty seat. Except that I had just gotten him out of bed. As I changed his diaper, I noticed that his pants were wet. Okay, so he wet through, doesn't happen often, but it happens. Then I noticed his sock was also wet. Now that IS unusual. Why was his sock wet?
I asked, "Did you let the water out in bed?"
"Yes!" he said, very proud of himself.
A light is starting to dawn in my head. "Did you pull your diaper down to let the water out?" I had noticed that his diaper was lower than usual, but wasn't as full as would merit soaking through his clothing.
"Yes! Gibby let water out in bed!"
"Did you stand up to let the water out?"
"Yes."
Uh oh. I checked his bed, and sure enough, his blanket was soaking wet, as well as some of the sheet. Great. He went potty just like Daddy taught him to. The only problem was it was in the wrong place!
BOOKS I FINISHED - JULY 2026
12 hours ago

4 comments:
Well,that's progress!?!?!?
Grandpa Dick
I'm not sure what kind of progress you think that is . . . he already goes in the potty seat.
Laughing! So funny! He will appreciate that story so much when he is older. LOL!
Oh, so close yet so far!!
Post a Comment