Here are some of the cute things Gibson does and says lately:
He makes a triangle with his fingers and "trayng-gull"
"Sino-tore" Dinosaur
"Frsh" Fish
"Hip-po-pa-a-muss" Hippopotomus, one of his favorite animals for some reason. He says it very well and quickly, so it sounds like it should, but he doesn't really get the 't' in there.
"Bider" Spider, or any bug, really
"Bee!!" Any bug that flies
"Shnake" Snake, when he says 's' followed by a consonant, he wrinkles up his nose and it comes out as a sh/th sound. Very cute.
"Shmell?" Smell (again with the wrinkled nose). He likes to smell flowers.
"Dip?" Anything that can be dipped in ketchup, is. Even stuff I wouldn't recommend dipping, like mandarin oranges, watermelon, cheeseburgers, pizza, etc.
"Trash-trash . . . truck" I'm not sure why he says trash twice, but there is always a pause before truck.
(screamed in a high pitch voice) "TRACtor!!" I know where every tractor in the Portland Metro area is.
"Out-out, Sassy" is the usual verbiage, but it can be said to anyone as James learned when he sat where Gibson had been sitting. He also pinches his fingers together like he's trying to snap. That's because I snap at Sassy when I tell her 'out.'
"Find Mater?" is one of the first things I hear after he wakes up. He received "Chow" (Lightning McQueen) and "Chinga" (Chick Hicks) for his birthday. They would race around our bed: "Find Mater? K!" One day they raced around the corner and actually found Mater waiting for them. Ever since, Mater has been a fixture in his hands.
"Mommy churn?" "Daddy churn?" This means it's Mommy or Daddy's turn to play with him.
"Watch George?" is said anytime we turn on the TV.
He knows where Tabitha is, and tries to find "Tabvava" by lifting my shirt - something I discourage.
When playing "bask-ball," if he misses, or if Mommy or Daddy miss, he says, "Oh, miss!" But if you make the basket, he says, "Oh, Yeah!"
He can count to five, but has no concept of numbers beyond one and two. He knows how many one is, but more than one is two.
THANKFUL THURSDAY
9 hours ago

1 comments:
Well, you know that some of our Senators are dinosaurs!
Grandpa Dick
Post a Comment