You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Gibson and I landed 30 minutes early on Wed, October 24, 2007. Boy, it was sure nice to breathe in cool, moist, clean air! But the best part of all was seeing James. We really missed him.

This flight was much different than the flight down. There was still an empty seat in the middle of my row, but Gibson was a different child. He fell asleep soon after I boarded, but as has become his norm on this trip, slept for only 30 minutes. After he woke up, he charmed everyone within eyeshot. The guy across the aisle from us was playing peek-a-boo, and the grandmotherly type behind us was making faces at him. The flight attendant gave him smiles everytime she passed. He did this for about an hour.

Then came meltdown time. He was so overtired that he was having a difficult time going to sleep, it was so much easier to scream. And scream he did for about 5 minutes before he finally fell asleep. At least everyone saw that he could be a happy & charming baby before they saw the bad side.

He slept until I was ready to deboard the plane. Then it was time to be in his daddy's arms and he was very happy about that.

Overall, it was a great trip. Though, I'm not sure that I want to vacation away from James for that long again.

I thought that once we got home that we would be able to fall back into our old routine. That was a pipe dream. It's almost a week after we've returned and Gibson is still taking 30 minute naps and won't play by himself for more than 30 minutes. He is still cutting teeth, so I don't know if that has anything to do with his crankiness.

0 comments: