As I was getting ready for church, James told me that Gibson had something to show me. I knew that Gibson was in his crib watching his mobile go around - he absolutely LOVES that mobile, he'll smile & coo at it for 15 - 30 minutes at a time; it almost always calms him down. So, anyway, I walked into Gibson's room and what did I see? He had a card & a new purse for me! I had mentioned to James that I'd like to have a slightly larger purse so that I could throw a few baby items into it. Gibson must have hear me say that because he went to the store and picked one out for me.
Happy Mother's Day Mommy! Look what I got you!!


After church, we went for a hike at Latourell Falls, which is in the Columbia Gorge. It was a beautiful 2.3 mile hike. It was a little muddy since it had rained the day before, but the weather was nice and the sun decided to peak through the clouds a few times to warm us up.
Upper Latourell Falls

Gibson decided to sleep most of the hike. We think he enjoyed it, though.
We stopped for lunch just before we reached the lower falls. While he looks scared in this photo, Gibson was having a good time because he has just filled his tummy and was ready to go on the rest of the hike (which took all of 10 minutes!).
When we got home, we all crashed for the rest of the evening. While the hike was fairly short, it was almost a 500 ft climb to the top. I have a feeling that we're going to be sore tomorrow!
Happy Mother's Day to Jan & Bev!
(Gibson's grandma's)




2 comments:
First Mother's Day! How exciting! Looks like you had a really nice day! Gibson was so thoughtful with his card & gift =D I think he's a keeper...and his dad too =)
That hike looks so nice. David, Andrew and I go hiking now too. David puts Andy into this thing called a piggie back. He looks like he has a huge growth on his back when he wears it. Andy loves to look around and he will get cozy and fall asleep while we hike. Im glad you had a really nice mothers day!
Post a Comment