Tabi loves girly things, so a tea party seemed the perfect thing for her birthday party. And it was! One of the girls told me, in her very serious little voice, "This is the absolutely best birthday party I have ever been to!"
I set the table with the china I had bought for my table at the Women's Tea a few years ago. 

The table and the treats.
I made strawberry sugar wafers dipped in white chocolate covered in sprinkles, marshmallows dipped in milk chocolate covered in sprinkles, apple slices, store bought cookies, cupcakes, petite carrots, cheese slices, strawberries, mini blueberry muffins, grapes, and peanut butter and jelly (strawberry or blackberry) sandwich flowers.
The girls all decorated hats to wear, and were given necklaces as well.
Six very happy little tea party girls, from clockwise from far left: Kayci (from ballet), Sadie (from church), Talia (from church and CBS), Abi (from homeschool), Tabi, and Bella (from CBS).
I don't usually post duplicate pictures, and this one is a little blurry, but I love the girls' faces.
Tabi was blessed with many thoughtful gifts from the girls.
After presents they all played in Tabi's room until it was time for cupcakes.
James baked and frosted the cupcakes: lemon cupcakes with purple frosting, just like Tabi asked for.
I interrupted her blowing out the candles, so she didn't get them all the first time...
Because I wanted the shot of her blowing out the candles.
A few of the hats the girls decorated.
After dessert the girls settled down to watch Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (the one with Brandy).
My birthday girl and me.
There are more pictures on The Improvising Mom, and you can find out how I put together this inexpensive tea party.














0 comments:
Post a Comment