You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Picture This

Tabitha is sitting at the table, eating a whole apple for her snack. Gibson is on the floor playing with his race cars. I am in the kitchen de-seeding a butternut squash.

All of a sudden, the squash races out of my hand and plops on the floor. I watch it spin and release seeds like one of those spinning firecrackers. Then I notice that Tabitha has proceeded to chew and spit out an entire apple onto the kitchen floor. My, what a mess!

I tell Gibson to sit on a chair with his cars so I can sweep. As I am sweeping seeds off the carpet, I hear his cars talking to each other.

DJ: Why are we up here?
Wingo: There is a situation.
DJ: What kind of situation?
Wingo: A big mess of a situation.
DJ: How long will we be here?
Wingo: Until the mess is gone.

The mess is now gone, Tabitha has been released from her chair, and the cars are back to racing around the small rug near our back door. All is well. Oh, the squash still needs to be de-seeded.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it.

Just wrote about our Cabela's experience! Don't know if you've gone yet to the MAN STORE. haha

www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com