You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

A Sort-Of Snow Day

On December 29th, we woke up to a "chance of snowfall." It was 35 degrees, but that didn't stop the snow from falling. Gibson saw the snow and immediately told me he wanted to catch snowflakes on his tongue. He's been watching a lot of A Charlie Brown Christmas, so I'm guessing that is where the idea came from. (I however, refrained from catching snowflakes on my tongue; I never catch December snowflakes, it's too early. I wait until at least January.)

Later that same day, the snow really started to fall, even though the temperature was now 36 degrees. This is looking up at our hill.
Oregon has some of the strangest weather phenomenon. Yes, that is actually BLUE sky above the houses while the snow is falling!

I love to look up at our tree and watch the giant flakes come down, again with
the blue sky in the background. So strange.
It snowed off and on all day, but nothing stuck, since it was always above freezing.

0 comments: