Nine months and two days ago, my daughter was born two months premature. I didn't have time to get excited about anticipating her arrival, and when she did arrive, I was not at all excited about it . . . I was scared.
I felt a little cheated by her early arrival. I was excited to see how big my tummy would get. I was looking forward to getting all the baby stuff out of the closet. I was excited about setting up the kids' room and decorating for the two of them (still not decorated). I was looking forward to getting my hair done the day before she arrived (a little vain, I know, but I was still looking forward to it!). But, mostly, I was looking forward to that excited anticipation of going to the hospital. Of introducing her to Gibson at the hospital. All the new baby moments one looks forward to. But I didn't get any of them.
So, that is why I was so excited about my nephew's impending birth; I could hardly wait for him to arrive! I was almost as excited about his birth as I was about Gibson's birth three years ago. He is, so far, the only cousin my children have, and I would have loved to be there to greet him.
I am thrilled to say, Mason Kyle Winn made his appearance last night, and now shares my birthday. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present!
Post script added at 3:35 p.m. My best friend, Candice, had her daughter Davarie (pronounced Davv-er-AY) this morning around 10:30. I am doubly blessed on my birthday by having a nephew and a "niece" born today!!
THANKFUL THURSDAY
17 hours ago

1 comments:
That is wonderful Vinae that you share a birthday with Mason. I do understand about feeling like the joy of preparing for our second arrival was not so great due to all that we were going through but it made her first birthday so much more special. I am glad that you got to look forward to your nephews birth and it is sweet that you have the special day for you both to share. Have a great day today! love diana q.
Post a Comment