You can make a comment and you don't have to sign in! Under each post is a comments link. Click on the link, type in your message and sign your name. Select Anonymous and then Publish Your Post. It's that easy!

Friday, November 2, 2007

Gibson's 8 Month Update

Gibson is 8 months old today. He had his first round of flu shots yesterday. Evidently, the first time a baby gets a flu shot, they have to have a booster a month later. He is now 17 lbs, and my unofficial measurement puts him at 28 inches tall.

He is not crawling yet, but doesn't seem to be missing it. He can army crawl pretty quickly. He also loves to stand and bounce. I let him hold onto the couch or an ottoman and he can stay there for a long time, as long as I am holding on to him. He get so enthusiastic with his bouncing that he tends to topple over. That's what the bouncy seat is for!

Gibson loves to explore. He has managed to roam everywhere downstairs, and, unfortunately for me, gets bored with seeing the same old sights. So I'm often moving him around and rotating his toys. His favorite things are cords, guitars, and Sassy's food - all of which are no-nos. But he's learning. Yesterday he was reaching for my guitar and I called his name in a warning voice and said no. He looked at me, smiled devilishly, but then (after the 3rd warning) turned away from the guitar.

He's managed to get himself blocked in to a few places. He doesn't seem to be able to reverse and gets himself wedged between ottomans or table legs. I just now rescued him from between the table and bookcase in the office.

He has one tooth that has surfaced on the bottom. I can see a line next to it, telling me that the 2nd tooth isn't too far behind.

I'm really enjoying my time home with Gibson. We are really so blessed that I am able to stay home and raise our son. I pray that we will continue to be so blessed.

0 comments: