While we were on our trip, Gibson had a few milestones. It seems he is growing by leaps and bounds every day!
On the way down, he started laughing out loud, and not just a little laugh, a hearty belly laugh. We bought a mirror to see him from the driver's seat, and the mirror has a monkey around it. He thinks that the monkey is the funniest thing he ever saw. The first time he laughed was at that monkey.
The next time we heard him laugh was when James was changing his diaper. Gibson was really upset and crying, so I went over and said, "I'm going to get your belly!" He did a great belly laugh and then turned his head and cried. He had forgotten that he was supposed to be upset!
Four different people saw Gibson roll from back to front before I did. The first time my friend Mary Lou was watching him, and then the next time was at Tom & Carolanne's house. James saw him roll and then when he left, Tom & Carolanne said he rolled over a few moretimes. I expect him to be rolling across the floor pretty soon.
The last milestone is that he has been holding onto his left foot. He just started that yesterday. We think he is going to be left handed (I guess he's taking after his Uncle Andy after all!) because he does most of his reaching and grabbing with his left hand. He just lays on his back and holds onto that foot while he looks at all the stuff that is around him.
This is a typical foot holding look.
Here he's just finishing a smile because his mommy did something funny.
There's that smile!
I clap his hands against my cheeks and that is almost guaranteed to get a laugh out of him. He is actually laughing in this picture.

1 comments:
Give us more Froggy Prince! He is soooo cute. Just makes you want to kiss him all over and nibble on his chubby little toes.
More Froggy..... more Froggy..... more Froggy!
Post a Comment