Saturday was a beautifully sunny day. The kids and I started off Easter celebrations with an egg hunt at the church where we attend MOPS. The kids had a wonderful time. Gibson ran off by himself to collect eggs while I helped Tabi put a bunch into her basket.
After the hunt we went inside for the story of the resurrection, where Gibson volunteered to get up on the stage. He was asked to make faces, at which he was excellent. And then it was time to jump on the inflatables. Gibson was almost more excited about jumping than hunting eggs. He was the first one in the bounce house, and then waited 20 minutes to jump again.
Tabitha also had a lot of fun, but not as much fun as Gibson. She was too small for the bounce house, so I let her bounce on the outside while Gibson ran around inside. We would have stayed longer, but it was time for Tabitha to have a nap.
Sunday morning dawned rainy. We went to church and when we came home, the Easter Bunny had visited our living room. After finding about 10 eggs, Tabi promptly sat down and proceeded to eat the contents of her eggs (mostly dried fruit and crackers), while Gibson hunted for the rest.
I ended up spending most of the day in bed. I'm not sure if I was having a Crohn's flair up or if I had the flu or a slight case of food poisoning. James took care of the kids and dinner.
Dinner was a wonderful meal of barbecue ribs, sweet potatoes and buttermilk biscuits. Even the kids enjoyed the ribs (neither have been big meat eaters).
Oh, and the biggest news of the weekend? We officially have a walker!! Tabitha is now walking around, still tottering a little, but she is able to turn, stop, start and get back up without help when she falls. And so, at 20 months old, she is finally walking!
THANKFUL THURSDAY
9 hours ago


2 comments:
Yeah Tabitha! It will be much easier to chase Gibson around now :)
Tabitha & Gibson are super cute.....but I may be somewhat biased....
Post a Comment